Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Thursday, July 22

I like Barbra Streisand

This is so embarrassing.    As you all know (because I've talked about it only a hundred times) I'm listening to the Pop Music Encyclopedia on XM radio.   Two songs that I really love have come on (No more tears (enough is enough) and Woman in Love) and they are both by Barbra Streisand.  I don't know if I had blocked this out over the years or if I just never knew it.   Before this, I would have sworn up and down that I didn't like Babs.   And, to add insult to injury, one of my favorite songs is the duet she did with Bryan Adams in 1996, I finally found Someone.   So, I think I have to bite the bullet and just admit that I like her.   Damn.

In other news....

This story makes me wonder if some of our library regulars would ever be as generous if they got their hands on nearly $200,000.

And THIS story just goes to show that its hard to overcome a powerful thirst.

God bless the Internet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home