Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Thursday, July 8

King Arthur

First and foremost, I have to say that I liked this movie. I did. I promise. Was I thrilled by it? No. Was I expecting to be thrilled? Yes. My main problem with it was that Ioan Gruffudd overacted his part. I don't know if he thought he was on stage, or if the lines were so bad that he just tried to make the best of it, or what. Overacted. That was VERY disappointing, because he's become one of my favorite actors.

And, they changed the story. There are many ways to tell the Arthurian tale, but there are certain things that are the same throughout the ENTIRE Arthurian canon. Generally, you shouldn't mess with those. A lot of people will comment that the magic was missing in this movie, but that was actually all right with me. I love magic, mind you, but it was fine that this was a more historical look at the myth. But you can't change the myth. I mean, its just....you can't. Metacritic gave the movie a 49, and I think I would rate it a little higher than that. It wasn't a bad movie....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home