Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Tuesday, August 31

As mentioned yesterday, my friend PPC did the Chicago Tri on Sunday. And, like any true competitor, she wasn't satisfied with her time. She wants a better time. Luckily for her, she's doing another Tri near the end of September so she can work on that time. Me? I'd be glad I finished the damn thing in ANY time. But, unlike most other competitors, PPC let something distract her from getting a better time. She stopped to help a woman with asthma. The woman wasn't having an asthma attack or anything, but she was obviously struggling. If you know PPC its nothing more than you'd expect from her. Even when she's racing the clock she still finds the time to care about someone she doesn't even know. Amazing.

I'd still be doing that damn Tri if it was me. Probably still swimming, which I think is the first event....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home