Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Monday, August 2

Good Surprises

A new security firm took over library security today. Nearly everyone who worked for the old security firm got the ax, but one of my very favorite people was waiting at the door this morning. I'm so glad she got to keep her job! Although, we probably won't be able to chat nearly as much now that she has a new boss.

Yesterday's soiree was lovely. I always consider it a compliment when someone says "I haven't laughed this much in a long time." Unless, of course, they're laughing at me..... That didn't happen in this case. And the E & BBS house is beautiful. They claim that it was the previous occupants who did all the work on restoring the house, but they still furnished all those rooms! And that bathroom?! Yep, I'm ready to move in. I'd be much closer to work, too. They wouldn't even know I was there!

I'm behind in my movie watching now. I had been doing so good this summer! Now, I need to see I, Robot, The Manchurian Candidate and Spiderman 2. Maybe sometime this week. Collateral starts on Friday and I definitely don't want to be 4 films behind! Summer is running out.

And I'm not really a fan of reality shows....(doesn't everyone say that now?) but I do plan to watch Growing up Gotti on A&E tonight. Victoria and sons were on Good Morning, America a few days ago and it looked interesting. But, I really don't like reality shows.....well, except for American Idol.....and....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home