Obiter Dictum

Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention --- Cornelia Otis Skinner

Friday, October 20

Are you ready for some Baseball?

So, its the Cards and the Tigers. This is what I think:

  1. This is going to be one of the lowest rated World Series ever. Outside of Midwest, no one is going to give a shit. Seriously. I hate to say that because (as you surely know by now) I love baseball. Truly. But, there just isn't anything here for people to care about. We saw the same thing last year with the Sox and Astros.
  2. Speaking of the Tigers: they've had a long rest. Usually, this is a good thing. However, the team was SO hot going into the World Series, I think the rest might have cooled them off a bit. We'll see tomorrow night in game 1. A break in the momentum can be a very bad thing.
  3. There is a big gap between AL and NL. I know you NL people don't want to hear it, but its true. For whatever reason (the Yankees post season collapse notwithstanding) the AL is the stronger league. It has been for a few years now. Measuring how the Cards and the Mets played the NLCS, neither one of them looked to be any match for Detroit. They just looked like weaker teams. Yes, I know, Albert Pujols (is hot.) I know. Maybe things will turn around for the Cardinals, but if they play the way the did in the NLCS, and the Tigers play the way they did in the ALCS, this is going to be over in 4. I hope that isn't the case, but it seems plausible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home